JOIN US TO BE A PARTNER IN-CHANGE
“You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you.”
― John Bunyan
The key objective of Himalayan Blooms USA is to empower women, no handouts, but giving an opportunity to learn, and gain confidence to succeed. An empowered woman is the best role model for children, and especially the daughters, who would be inspired by their mother to break the barriers, to believe in the self; to learn and excel.
Himalayan Blooms provides training and equipment at no cost to the ladies to learn new skills, and become financial contributor to the family. During the short period of HB involvement since late 2015, the ladies have come a long way improving their knitting skills, innovating new designs, learning office skills in maintaining inventory, recording keeping, learning data entry on the laptop, scheduling of work and understand the importance of deadlines.
Forty to fifty knitters are actively joined our organization. Many more have registered, ready to join the team.
Your participation would increase the chances of success in this uphill battle. Give us your helping hand in any of the areas:
- Become a partner in-change
- Gift our product to your friends, and relatives because your action is strengthening someone.
- As an employer, gift our items and send a powerful message to your employees that philanthropy is everyone’s moral responsibility.
- Help Himalayan Blooms to market the product
- Make us your fabricator. The ladies would make the items to your custom designs, and specifications, in the materials you select or supply. We would deliver on schedule, and we would make it at the lowest cost.
- Contribute by sponsoring purchase of the tools, equipment, training to improve skills, or development funds.
- Hiring marketing help.
- Building a small knitting center, install proper lighting; establish work areas and furnishings with suitable work tables, etc.
“The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, and to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.”
― Ralph Waldo Emerson
1.3 billion People in the world live in poverty below $1.25 per day purchase power, and out of that about 250 million, ~20% live in India. Most of the have-nots are poor not because they are less smart or less hardworking than those who have.
People take boats, build underground tunnels, hide under the chassis of trucks, and pack themselves in containers, risking their lives to get to the other side of the border, only to find opportunity to survive, make living and take care of their families. To ignore the problem, shut our eyes, and thinking it as if someone else’s responsibility may not be ethically or morally correct.
When people are compassionate, help to make a difference, it creates hopes; uplift communities, builds relations and change lives.
Himalayan Blooms mission is to try to change lives; one at a time. Your contribution, no matter how small, can make a difference. And that would speed up the urgently needed progress in the following areas:
- Buy five sewing machines to train ladies in stitching garments. Cost of machines: $900 (₹ 60,000)
- Buy 150 Kg of knitting yarn to maintain stock : $1,150 (₹ 75,000)
- Pay rent for the training shops: $740 per year (₹ 48,000)
- Install bins for raw materials storage and preservation: $760 (₹ 50,000)
- Finished product labeling, packaging and storage equipment: $900 (₹ 60,000)
Himalayan Blooms USA, Inc.is tax exempt under Section 501 (c)(3) of Internal Revenue Code, further qualified as public charity. Contributions to Himalayan Blooms are deductible under section 170 of Code.
Volunteers provide all services and help at no cost to Himalayan Blooms USA. Volunteers travel at their own expenses, and do not use any of the HB funds for entertainment or any other expenses.
Tax returns available on written request.
Himalayan Blooms is a Non-Profit organization, organized and supported by volunteers. Volunteering support is needed in all areas of expertise
that would help strengthen the organization, such as:
- Social media marketing,
- Sales and marketing,
- Soft skill training,
- Product photography & training,
- Management and leadership training,
- Content writing,
- Skillset training,
- Arranging fundraising events, or in other areas of expertise.
Please provide the contact information, the area of expertise, and other information to assist you with your visit.